About the Host and Guest Speakers
Episode 25. Manage to Retain The Employee Series
Listen to business experts and the blinds spots they see.
Hear the blind spots and understand how, through data and analytics, you can eliminate those blind spots.
Takeaways from the
Episode 25. Manage to Retain The Employee
- Communication Challenges in Leadership: The episode discusses the common issue of communication in leadership. Many leaders believe they need to communicate more, but they often fail to understand how to communicate effectively. (No specific statistics mentioned)
- Effective vs. Efficient Communication: It highlights the difference between efficient communication (repeating the message many times) and effective communication (conveying the message once in a way that resonates with the audience). The idea is that effective communication is more impactful. (No specific statistics mentioned)
- Understanding Individual Needs: To communicate effectively, it's crucial to understand how individuals, like Jerry in the example, receive and process information. The example of Jerry's performance data is used to illustrate how understanding the individual's needs can improve communication. (Jerry's performance data: 58 out of 100 overall score, specific dimensions mentioned)
- Balancing Numbers and Messaging: The discussion emphasizes the importance of balancing the focus on numbers and the quality of messaging. While numbers are crucial, effective communication should not be sacrificed in the pursuit of targets. (No specific statistics mentioned)
- Principles of Effective Communication: Two key principles mentioned are the "Nurture Principle," which stresses the importance of valuing and nurturing team members, and the "Time Principle," which emphasizes taking the time to connect with and guide employees for effective communication.