About the Speaker Foram Brown.
Foram is the CEO and Founder of forambrown ltd that focuses on Engineering. She is an engineer with over 15 years of engineering & leadership experience in Rolls-Royce, Bombardier & Alstom. She also helps other women engineers get into roles in this space. She is on a crusade to get 10,000 women into engineering roles by 2030. She’s a mum of two beautiful girls and a cancer survivor.
As a woman of ethnic minority, in engineering, I understand the challenges and struggles of this industry. I know exactly what they want and where they hang out.
Watch "The hidden company talent and how to find them"
Listen to business experts and the blinds spots they see.
Hear the blind spots and understand how, through data and analytics, you can eliminate those blind spots.
Podcast Bullet points
- Introduction to the Podcast: While specific statistics related to the podcast itself are not available, it's worth noting that podcasts have been steadily growing in popularity, with over 155 million people in the United States alone having listened to a podcast in 2021 (Statista).
- Personal Growth Journey: A survey by LinkedIn found that 57% of senior leaders believe soft skills are more important than hard skills. This highlights the increasing recognition of the importance of personality-related skills in leadership (LinkedIn).
- Diversity in Engineering: In the United States, women make up only about 13% of the engineering workforce (National Science Foundation). This statistic underscores the need for greater diversity in engineering roles.
- Psychological Safety: The "Great Resignation" saw a significant impact on the job market. In the U.S., over 15 million people left their jobs in a four-month period in 2021 (Bureau of Labor Statistics). This phenomenon was driven by factors such as disengagement and workplace dissatisfaction.
- Hidden Talent and Inclusivity: Research shows that companies with diverse leadership teams are 33% more likely to outperform their peers in profitability (McKinsey & Company). Fostering inclusivity and tapping into hidden talent can contribute to organizational success.